In the past year, we’ve launched dozens of major features and hundreds of minor improvements to help coaches streamline their coaching business.
There are two important factors that go into what we decide to build:
- Feedback from our community; customers, those that are in trial, or even those that have shared their feedback with us without trying the product. For example, when we first launched our packages feature, we heard loud and clear that payment plans were really important to give your clients optionality. Two weeks ago, we delivered payment plans. Your feedback is critical to what and how we build.
- How do we make it even simpler?; our mission is to build the most streamlined way to run a coaching business and spend more time on the things you care about.
The complete list of updates (it’s long!) is provided at the bottom of this article, but we’ll cover the most popular highlights for you :)
In 2022 not only did we launch Smart Actions, but we launched a whole second wave of improvements too. Undoubtedly, automation and workflows are one of the most important tools in building a scalable coaching business, our focus is on just that :)
Packages & payment plans
From connecting with hundreds of coaches in our community, packages are the number one way that coaches get paid today, followed by retainer-based structure. In addition to simply launching support for running a package on Practice, we also shipped a major upgrade in building payment-plans into packages that allow for a customizable client checkout experience.
Keeping track of important client information like spouse name, goals, birthdate are extremely important in providing a robust, detailed and meaningful client experience. With our release of client custom fields, it’s extremely simple to build detailed & robust client records to create a complete view of each client you’ve ever worked with.
According to our 2022 State of Coaching report, 55% of coaches run a group program as part of their coaching business. So, incorporating a way to manage a group directly on Practice has become a key component in supporting the end-to-end client relationship from one single tool.
Auto-save for notes
One of the most frustrating experiences as a coach is talking a bunch of sesion notes and then accidentally closing a browser tab or ending up with a computer crash! So, adding support for autosave as you type has been an essential feature for coaches hosting their notes natively in Practice.
Private to do’s
Not only can you create shared to do’s for you and your clients, but keeping track of your own personalized task list on Practice is a seamless experience, too. On Practice, your to-do list follows you around so adding an action-item for yourself is easier than ever.
If all of our updates were listed, then this post might go on forever :)
Here’s a look at a few other highlights from 2022:
- Smart actions (V1 and V2)
- Calendar improvements
- Scheduler availabilities
- Multiple line items on invoices
- Free & paid events
- Audio messages on iOS
- Home Dashboard
- Custom fields
- Embeddable schedulers
- Availability preview
- Navigation improvements
- Group management
- Email signatures
- Payment flow updates - not sending people a stripe link
- Send emails via Practice using Gmail
- Library upgrades, folders, & 100mb storage
- Auto-save for notes
- Private to do’s
- Import clients improvements
- Payment plans for packages
- Itemized invoice improvements
- Schedule invoices
- Unpaid invoice reminders
- Packages on public profiles
We’re extremely grateful for all of those that shared their feedback with us in 2022. Your insight, candidness and transparency have helped us build amazing coaching software.
As always, you can check out our changelog for a detailed list of our releases each week (big and small) and, if you’d like to try any of the above mentioned features on Practice for yourself, you can start a free trial: practice.do/get-started
What are you hoping to achieve in 2023? Send us a note, we’d love to hear! firstname.lastname@example.org
From our team to yours, have a safe and happy holiday season. We can’t wait to show you what’s in store for 2023!